To assist in conducting in-depth evaluation of patients referred for therapy, plan, supervise, coordinate and evaluate outpatient services ensuring patient satisfaction at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting initial evaluation and assessment of patients having physical disabilities, disorders or injuries;
- Selecting and administering appropriate tests to evaluate range of motion, neuromuscular status, pain and physical functional ability;
- Reviewing medical file of patient for information pertinent in aiding evaluation;
- Identifying treatment goals and appropriate therapy techniques and equipment to achieve goals;
- Carrying out the rehabilitative program and designate the party to carry out treatment plan, e.g. patient, employee, ward staff, family members or community caterers;
- Conducting regular evaluation of patients to assess progress and response to therapy, revise treatment program as necessary to achieve goals;
- Participating in treatment teams, e.g. Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, other Physiotherapists to provide information regarding patient assessment to discuss treatment program or to coordinate treatment goals and programs;
- Advising and recommending to referring doctors on necessary interventions and or change of management;
- Developing treatment plan to be followed by patient after discharge and advice the importance of continuing physiotherapy after discharge and to organize their physiotherapy appointments;
- Instructing patient, families and other professionals in treatment techniques and exercise outlined in the program;
- Preparing reports of results on evaluation of patients’ physical condition and prepare written treatment plan;
- Conducting educational sessions or preventative health care in regard to physical status to other professionals in different disciplines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution;
- At least 4 years of experience in the field;
- Registered with the Kenya Society of Physiotherapists;
- Practice license with the Kenya Society of Physiotherapists;
- Excellent customer service skills.