Job Title: Deputy Manager Nursing – A&E
Reports To: Manager, Nursing Services
Planning, organizing and coordinating all activities in the A&E to ensure a high standard of care in line with the hospital’s policies and procedures
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizing the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments;
- Ensure training on emergency procedures for all section staff and ensure daily allocation to the emergency rota:
- Responsible for staff recruitment, staff planning, development of duty rotas, leave planning and staff evaluation including orientation and training of new staff;
- Ensuring proper and timely documentation, maintaining proper records, confidentiality, and handing over between shifts at all times;
- Participate in the development and ensure implementation of organizational and departmental policies and procedures (SOPs) and quality improvement plans in the section including infection prevention;
- Control the departmental budget within the agreed parameters by ensuring efficient utilization of resources are used to maximum effect and take charge of stock control.
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized Institution. Current certification in BLS/ACLS / Lifesaving skills
- Higher National Diploma in Casualty/ E.R Nursing is an added advantage
- At least 6 years of post-registration experience of which 3 years should be in the A & E Department
- Good managerial skills/ Supervisory skills training
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Good customer care skills.